Friday, April 13, 2012

Mascarpone Berry Parfaits

I whipped up a delightful concoction this morning with some things that I had handy in my fridge. Parfaits! I mixed together a quick parfait cream of Greek yogurt, Mascarpone cream, lemon zest, almond extract and powdered sugar. I layered it in a parfait glass with some fresh raspberries and blueberries, and honey almond granola. It was delicious! The lemon and almond extract paired really well together, and picked up the sliced almonds in the granola. I didn't get a picture of it, but I have some leftover parfait cream, so I will be making another one (or two!) throughout the week, and will snap a few pictures. If you are looking for a slightly more healthy option (though these really aren't bad), you could substitute the powdered sugar for some honey, or agave nectar.

Did you know....

Parfait is a French word meaning "perfect"?

See the Wikipedia article on Parfait for some more interesting information on parfaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment